5 Players & 131 Observers?

5 Players & 131 Observers?

от Maja Kuna -
Количество ответов: 12

CALMet Online has reached a remarkable number of participants this year - 136. And we have not still completed the first week. Congratulations!

Learnopoly is the next session and it will begin on Monday, 13 October, at 12:00 UTC. Everyone who would like to play should select their team by that time. To select a team, first play the Matching Game to win your Enrollment Key. Then go to the Learnopoly site to choose your favourite cloud type and you will be assigned to a team.

So far, we have only 5 Players. While they might still enjoy the process, with an impressively large audience :) , that is hardly a competition. Are you sure you want to be only an Observer? If not, do your part and enroll today.

Patrick & Maja

В ответ на Maja Kuna

Learnopoly: Low Enrolment Warning

от Patrick Parrish -

HI all,

We have only 17 players who have joined teams this morning. The deadline is 12:00 UTC. Low enrolment = less competition = less fun. Tell your colleagues to sign up now. 

Several of you have enrolled on the site, but have not yet chosen a team. Do this soon or you may miss the chance. 

Remember:

1. Play the Matching Game to get the enrolment key. 

2. Choose a favorite cloud type to join a team. 

We hope to see more of you ready to play at 12:00 UTC sharp!

Cheers,

Maja and Patrick

В ответ на Patrick Parrish

Re: Learnopoly: Low Enrolment Warning

от Usama Ellebody -
В ответ на Maja Kuna

Re: 5 Players & 131 Observers?

от Eduard Podgaiskii -

I won't be able to start playing at 12 UTC today, as I'll be flying high over European clouds by then (and this is not Norvegian Airlines equiped with in-flight Internet). My choice of topic left me alone in the team, but I have no favourite clouds, as all types of weather are lovely. Feel free to shift me to a more populated team.

В ответ на Eduard Podgaiskii

от Wilfried Jacobs -

Dear all,

Nice idea to play in this form! Unfortunatley, I have only the possibility to try how to come to a team. From tomorrow till Friday I will be in a meeting and not able to work actively. With other words "Cirrocummulus" is more or less empty. I will consider what happens in between. Please understand that I am not able to play in this game although I like playing. May be the next time...

Wilfried.

В ответ на Eduard Podgaiskii

от Larissa Timofeyeva -

Dear all

I am still alone  in the team, and it seems there is no possibility to be shifted to anywhere. Well, I would prefer to be an Observer. But still can't understand how to do this, unfortunately ...

В ответ на Larissa Timofeyeva

от Izolda Marcinonienė -
В ответ на Larissa Timofeyeva

от Patrick Parrish -

Hi Larissa,

We hope you will stay in the Altocumulus Team. We have a few others joining you. 

Patrick

В ответ на Maja Kuna

i want this game

от Jonah Kazora -
В ответ на Jonah Kazora

Re: i want this game

от Jonah Kazora -

CUMULONIMBUS

Cumulonimbus, from the Latin cumulus ("heap") and nimbus ("rainstorm", "storm cloud"), is a dense towering vertical cloud associated with thunderstorms and atmospheric, forming from water vapor carried by powerful upward air currents.

ü  Cumulonimbus can form alone, in clusters, or along cold front squall lines. These clouds are capable of producing lightning and other dangerous severe weather, such as gustshail, and occasional tornadoes. Cumulonimbus progress from overdeveloped cumulus congests clouds and may further develop as part of a super cell.

ü  Cumulonimbus clouds are typically accompanied by lower altitude cumulus clouds, growing vertically instead of horizontally, contributing to the mushroom shape of the cumulonimbus. The cumulonimbus base may extend several miles across and occupy low to middle altitudes- formed at altitude from approximately 500 to 13,000 ft (200 to 4,000 m).

ü  Well-developed cumulonimbus clouds are characterized by a flat, anvil-like top (anvil dome), caused by wind shear or inversion near the tropopause. The shelf of the anvil may precede the main cloud's vertical component for many miles, and be accompanied by lightning. Occasionally, rising air parcels surpass the equilibrium level (due to momentum) and form an overshooting top culminating at the maximum parcel level. When vertically developed, this largest of all clouds usually extends through all three cloud regions. Even the smallest cumulonimbus cloud dwarfs its neighbors in comparison.

Species

• Cumulonimbus calvus: cloud with puffy top, similar to cumulus congests which it develops from; under the correct conditions in can become a cumulonimbus capillatus
  • Cumulonimbus capillatus - cloud with cirrus-like, fibrous-edged top.

Effects

Cumulonimbus storm cells can produce torrential rain of a convective nature and flash flooding, as well as straight-line winds.

Most storm cells die after about 20 minutes, when the precipitation causes more downdraft than updraft, causing the energy to dissipate.

If there is enough solar energy in the atmosphere, however (on a hot summer's day, for example), the moisture from one storm cell can evaporate rapidly—resulting in a new cell forming just a few miles from the former one. This can cause thunderstorms to last for several hours.

Cumulonimbus clouds can also bring dangerous winter storms (called "blizzards") which bring lightning, thunder, and torrential snow. However, cumulonimbus clouds are most common in tropical regions.

Приложение cumulonimbus.jpg