Day 2 - Webin@r Checklist

Day 2 - Webin@r Checklist

de Luciane Veeck -
Número de respuestas: 15

Good morning from a windy UK!

My local weather seems perfect to storm ideas today :)

Are you ready for another ‘brainstorming day’ in the Webin@r Checklist – Day 2?

Today’s plan of action is very similar to yesterday’s – to produce and share a mind map – but this time we will climb another step on the organising of webinars, thinking about the details that need to be addressed when “setting up the webinar session”. This step will involve planning more logistic aspects than yesterday.

Some of you have already provided very comprehensive mind maps yesterday, which may include details that we will need to consider today. Don’t worry if you repeat some of these aspects today. As said before, this is a real “brainstorming” and we shall include all ideas we can think of being important at every stage of planning a webinar.

Looking forward to see your ideas in the padlet for Day 2!

Cheers,

Lu

En respuesta a Luciane Veeck

Re: Day 2 - Webin@r Checklist

de Ivan Smiljanic -

Hi Lu,

Today it is a busy busy day here, so I didn't brainstormed much on this topic. But I guess that is not a sin, to leave one small mind map of my own?!

I think that counts for all of us - if you don't have time, or a clue, or it's so nice weather outside and you want to enjoy it before the closing winter comes (?) J - send a mindmap even with only one idea (or 'bubble'), maybe that one will be the crucial step when building the final Webin@r Checklist !?!

"Just do it Mike!" J

Nice day to All,

Ivan

En respuesta a Ivan Smiljanic

de Luciane Veeck -

The winds are 'peaking up' in UK, and so is our padlet for Day 2!

We have five mind maps in the padlet already! These include busy minds, flat minds and loads of very thoughtful ideas.

Thanks Ivan for the encouragement to share all ideas, large and small.

Adding to that I would like to highlight that if you did not have time to add a mind map to yesterday’s padlet, please feel free to do so today and catch up when you have time. Actually, I am going to do this myself, as yesterday I did not have the opportunity to add my mind map.

Lu

de Izolda Marcinonienė -

Hi, Lu,

nice to meet you again in virtual way:) It was very atractive business to draw diagram using that special programm. Thanks a lot for introducing us with  news from  virtual world. Usually we do not have time for a such business. But it is obviously, it helps us and makes easy to plan our trainings or projects or even timetables:)

Had problems with export of created picture-only jpg (but too dark fone) or pdf format. Any mm or mup format my computer could't open...

Hope pdf will be OK-the main thing CONTENT:)

Cheers,

Izolda

En respuesta a Izolda Marcinonienė

de Luciane Veeck -

Hi Izolda,

It was fun to see your earlier text in the padlet “Izolda is thinking…” and then that message replaced by your actual mind map. Great way to keep in touch! It is often the creative ways we use these tools that give them real value ;)

I am glad you enjoyed using mindmup. This tool is new to me too and I am using it for the first time in this event. I found it very intuitive. Some mind map tools I tried before were too complicated to use or too expensive to buy.

You mentioned a problem exporting the jpg. The pdf you placed in the padlet looks clear to me and has the ‘built-in’ possibility to zoom in for closer look. Very nice.

I exported my mind map as png and worked fine. I will try exporting to a different format next time, so I can use this opportunity to test a little more.

Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

Lu

En respuesta a Izolda Marcinonienė

de Ivan Smiljanic -

Hi Izolda,

Nice job - I really love the 'intra-connections' or the 'bridging' of particular pieces! This is something hard to avoid when you develop the mindmap for this topic, no?!

Ivan

En respuesta a Ivan Smiljanic

de Juniarto Widodo -

Hi,   Lu

Early morning this day I submit  my task Weninar Checklist-Actvity 2. I try to develop my mind to breakdown the main point. Maybe this is can contribute to expand al about webinar. Tq

Juniarto Widodo 

En respuesta a Juniarto Widodo

de Ratih Prasetya -

Dear mr jun,

What a good work you  have. Its been so nice to see your enthusiasm to play and being part of this event. So proud having a superrior like you. 

cheers,

Ratih :D

En respuesta a Ratih Prasetya

de Luciane Veeck -

Hi Ratih,

Thank you for placing your mind map in the padlet.

I noticed that on day one you used a hand written map and on day two you decided to challenge yourself further and used a mind map tool. I hope you enjoyed it ;)

And it seems that challenges are always in your mind… I see that in your map you considered many of them, for example the different time zones, having an audience with same or different native languages, having (or not having) a technical team.

Being aware of these challenges is very important when organising training events, as they lead us to actions in our planning stage that are aimed to minimise any possible problems caused by the challenges.

Thanks again for sharing your mind map :)

Lu

En respuesta a Juniarto Widodo

de Luciane Veeck -

Dear Juniarto,

Your contribution is indeed very appreciated. Thank you.

I recognise many of the challenges mentioned in your mind map, as I experience them too. I wonder if the actions I have been taking to address these challenges when organising webinars are similar to the actions you take?

For example, when addressing the challenge of having an audience in different time zones I usually take the following actions:

• Book the session for a time that is within the working hours of the majority of the audience
  • Avoid booking sessions on Mondays and Fridays
  • Make sure the session is recorded
  • When advertising the webinar I make sure I mention that the event will be recorded and where (and when) the recording will be available for viewing

But of course, these actions also contain challenges themselves, like the recorded files: what is the best way to make them available to those with low quality internet connection?

Hmm…

Challenges

challenges 

challenges

Thanks again and lets keep sharing these challenges and actions!

Lu

de Nurahmini Muchtar -

HI Anna

Im trying trying and trying for upload the map after use ur link(padlet) and it can not, would you help me how to upload that?

Amy

En respuesta a Nurahmini Muchtar

de Anna Ghelli -

Hi Amy,

if you cannot attach it, upload it in the forum (reply to this comment) and I will upload it for you. 

anna

de Luciane Veeck -

Hi Bernie,

It is great that you could join us in the Webin@r Checklist.

Your mind map touches on critical aspects to be considered at the very beginning of planning: the timeframe available for planning and the experience of the organiser.

When I look at it I feel like stepping on a yellow stone (Webinar) and then turning on my “Sat Nav”. The first message the Sat Nav gives me is: “Drive on to highlight your route” (well, at least the Sat Nav I have in my car says this). So I keep following the map and step on “long planning” or “short planning” and so on. This is a good map to print out and keep on my board, as I see myself using this not only when planning webinars!

But I have to ask for one clarification. It is about action 1 in the route “long planning” with “no experience”. The action says: 1) Read “Webinar Big Picture”.

My first interpretation of that was that you were indicating a book or article called “Webinar Big Picture”. I “Googled” the title (Webinar Big Picture) but did not find anything, so… I wonder if you have used a figurative language here, where “Read Big Picture” means “Try to identify all aspects of”.

As you see, I may be lost in translation here…

Can you help me please?

Lu

de Bernadette Connell -

Hi Lu,

"Webinar Big Picture" does not exist - perhaps it is something that will come out of this CALMET session?  I see "Webinar Big Picture" as an outline with a little description and then as you click on the various components, you get more details.  It has a general idea of how everything relates and indicates where to start and where to get help :)

Bernie

En respuesta a Bernadette Connell

de Jonah Kazora -

Morning everybody am back i was sick now an ok and doing great please can you tell me where we are by now so that i can try to  catch up.

En respuesta a Jonah Kazora

de Anna Ghelli -

Hi Jonah,

great to hear that you are well again. I suggest you start from day 4, which is today task, then you can catch up on previous days later on.

Great to have you with us :)