CALMet Commons: Games and Learning

CALMet Commons: Games and Learning

بواسطة - Patrick Parrish
عدد الردود: 3

Hi all,

We want to close this Learnopoly session with a post we recently made to the CALMet Commons blog at http://www.calmet.org/.

It begins with this provocative quote from Marshall McLuhan: "Anyone who  makes a distinction between games and learning doesn’t know the first thing about either.” Do you agree? Have you ever heard instructional simulations referred to as "serious games"?

Games and Learning is a short article based on the video we used to kick off Learnopoly, but it includes some additional references and several more complete points. We hope to develop some further discussion there while CALMet Online moves forward to its final 4 sessions. We hope you will use the COMMETS feature on the CALMet Commons blog to share about your experiences with games and thoughts about Games and Learning? We hope to hear from you about the following questions:

1. Think about the games (or sports) you have played in your life, maybe the ones you played most often. What skills and lessons have they taught you that you still carry with you today?

2. Have you ever played learning games in school as a child? We suspect that you have. What did you learn? What was your experience in learning?

3. Have you ever played learning games as an adult learner? What was your experience in those situations?

4. Can you think of any applications for using Game-Based Learning in your training? What would you need to do to make that happen?

While at CALMet Commons, take a moment to subscribe to receive regular email updates from the Blog. This will not fill your inbox, because it averages only about 1 or 2 posts per month. And also sign up to receive COMMENTS by email as well. Just click on the appropriate links on the right-hand side under SUBSCRIBE.

Thanks again for participating.

Patrick and Maja

رداً على Patrick Parrish

Re: CALMet Commons: Games and Learning

بواسطة - Larissa Timofeyeva

Hi Maja and Patrick

Thank you for the link to CALMet Commons. It is a new resource for me.

I have tried to send a comment with the answers for your 4 questions, but must have done something wrong and it was not published. 

Should I use any special option for  Comment as: ?

Best wishes

Larissa Timofeyeva

رداً على Larissa Timofeyeva

بواسطة - Maja Kuna

Hi Larissa,

It nice to learn that you checked the article. It would be great to have your comments and answers! So please try again. :) I hope it will work for you this time.

You have to choose something from the "Comment as:" drop - down menu. If you are not logged in with any of the listed services (Google, Yahoo etc.) or you prefer not to, please select "Anonymous". You may like to sign the comment with your name anyway, so we know who Anonymous is. ;)

Maja

رداً على Maja Kuna

بواسطة - Larissa Timofeyeva

Hi Maja

Thanks for your help!

Seems, it was published.

And I have another question: I have some ideas on Learnopoly, which you might find useful. I was not ready to share them while giving feedback. Now I have prepared them (more or less), if you are interested, please, let me know where I can drop them. Here?

Larissa