Foro de dudas y consultas - Forum for your questions (Español & Ingles)

Re: Foro de dudas y consultas - Forum for your questions (Español & Ingles)

de Patrick Parrish -
Número de respuestas: 0

Hi Hernan,

Do to traveling and being involved in a training course, and am now just catching up with CALMet sessions and was just able to go through your simulation (without answering all the questions).  Wow! Thanks for making this available in CALMet. 

You and your team really deserve some applause for creating this asynchronous approach to a simulation. The tools are simple and intuitive (and flexible), and the way of capturing the responses of students via the Google forms is really clever. The simulation is designed such that it can be done on any timeframe, and feedback can be provided by the instructor either individually or as a group (if a deadline is given). And as Vesa says, I think the presentation of the conceptual model up front is a nice orientation such that even me, a non-meteorologist, could follow the lesson. 

I was just responding to Roger/Bodo today about the Brain Rule #12: Exploration, and mentioning that simulations and case studies can be done online just as much as in the classroom, and your example is perfect: https://classroom.eumetsat.int/pluginfile.php/12950/mod_resource/content/6/index.html for anyone that missed it. 

When I was at COMET, we developed many instructional case studies for asynchronous online learning, but due to the COMET situation, I was not able to be involved in any that used remote instructor feedback and discussion to enhance the learning. We certainly provided feedback, but had to anticipate the difficulties students would have in the case. They were effective self-directed tools, but I really like how you have applied the same to an instructor-guided situation. 

I hope you will be inspired to continue trying such approaches, because I am sure we can all learn from them. 

Patrick