CALMet Progress Report

CALMet Progress Report

بواسطة - Patrick Parrish
عدد الردود: 0

Hi Everyone,

CALMet Online has now been going on for nearly two months! Thanks to some great sessions, the conference this year has set some records for interaction. We want to thank Heleen, Mark, Maja, Vesa, Tsvet, Liz, Kathy-Ann, and Natalie for making the first half of the conference a great success. Just last week, I reported to the COCOM committee, which formed CALMet almost 20 years ago, and they were delighted to hear of the response. Here are just a few statistics I was able to share with them:

• CALMet has 105 registered participants
  • 47 countries are represented
  • 49 participants have visited the conference site in recent weeks, and many more follow the discussions via email only
  • Approximate 2000 interactions have occurred on the CALMet Website, and again, this does not include those who just follow by email.

Thanks to all of you for participating and making this conference an exciting place to be.

But we aren’t done. The Competency Assessment Process continues for a couple more days, and we have Ian Bell’s session, Tools for Trainers beginning tomorrow. Following that, we have four final sessions on Translations: The Ins and Outs of Translation at COMET, A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Learning Theory, Education 2.0, and Open Educational Resources (OER): The challenge of sharing and re-purposing learning materials. So, if you can continue finding just a couple hours each week to participate, we have many more interesting learning opportunities in store.

If you’ve missed any sessions, you can still find them available to you via recordings or preserved discussion forums. And if find that you still have something to add to a discussion, I can pretty much guarantee that even if the session is ended, you will probably get a response if you are patient.

Thanks for contributing,

Pat Parrish, WMO
For the CALMet Working Group