Voicethread tech issues

Voicethread tech issues

por Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov -
Número de respostas: 5

Hi Pat,

It seems that commenting via voice or text on your Voicethread sessions requires a paid account upgrade.  I have not been able to find a way around it.

Cheers,

Tsvet

Em resposta a 'Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov'

Re: Voicethread tech issues

por Patrick Parrish -

Thanks so much for trying and pointing this out, Tsvet.

This is frustrating, and of course should not be the case. I have used the tool before without problems, and am pretty sure all the settings are correct. But to help diagnose, can you let me know which Voicethread you had problems with (or was it all?), what browser and platform you are using (Mac?).

I have a paid account in order to post so many threads, but the settings should allow me to share with anyone. Paying is only necessary to creating and publishing a large number of threads, not participating in them.

I may need to use their technical support, so the information could be useful. In the meantime, if one or two other people could try to duplicate this, it would help me.

Thanks,

Pat

Em resposta a 'Patrick Parrish'

por Maja Kuna -

Hi Tsvet and Pat,

I recorded a comment on the last slide of "Taxonomies of Learning Conversation" right now. I think it did work? I have a free VoiceThread account. What I needed to do was to log-in to the VoiceThread only, nothing more.

Tsvet, answering Pat's questions would help to troubleshoot your problem.

Btw, recording your voice can be a little intimidating I noticed. But you can always draft what you want to say and than it goes smoothly. If you are not comfortable with recording, then there is also a possibility to add a text remark. Thanks for introducing VoiceThread. I enjoyed using it. I may even add another comment soon. :)

Cheers,

Maja

Em resposta a 'Patrick Parrish'

por Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov -

Thank you for your replies!

I tested some other browsers and settings, as well as searching through Voicethread's support pages.  It seems that Voicethread requires browsers to allow cookies from third party sites in order to work properly.  After I allowed that things worked fine.  

I am surprised that the program requires users to allow other sites to track them and open a potential attack vector to their systems.  I guess that is the price of a free account. :)

Cheers,

Tsvet

Em resposta a 'Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov'

por Patrick Parrish -

Hi Tsvet (and others),

Two participants have now confirmed that they are able to use the free account to add a comment. Let us know how it works for you. Maybe be a little more insistant that you aren't willing to pay?

Maja added a comment at the end of the Taxonomies of Learning conversation that reminds us that if applying these theories was all too easy, we wouldn't be paid so well and our jobs would be boring. But go to the last slide and hear it in her own more eloquent words.

Pat