New learners, new skills - new classroom?

Re: New learners, new skills - new classroom?

por Patrick Parrish -
Número de respostas: 0

Hi Maja,

In proper Education 2.0 form (including the improper grammar), I agree with both myself and yourself.

You point out that communication and context building takes place just by tagging and categorizing, which is a cool thought. I hadn't heard the term folksonomy before, but I agree that it is probably a better approach than the elaborate taxonomies that were thought required before collecting digital artifacts.

And you are right that short forms have always existing (can we learn from them?) and that part of their power derives from the space they give the reader to evoke their own meanings, if they are written evocatively enough.

Long forms are for other things, making larger and more immediately coherent connections. For sharing more complex systems of personal knowledge. Seems like we both agree that it is needed for many things, or at least useful.

I think it takes more time to click on links than to hear your nice summary. Lack of time is exactly what bugs me sometimes about the plethora of insufficiently annotated links. If you just give me me a link to a 20-page document without enticing me to take the time to go to it, I am likely to skip it unless I have some compelling interest. But interest doesn't grow on trees.

I think we both agree communication is becoming even more important, and that the forms it takes are multiplying.

Here is a good link: http://www.wombania.com/wombats/#.UK0kG4bNl2k

Pat :)