Trabajo Interdisciplinario/Interdisciplinary Teamwork

Trabajo Interdisciplinario/Interdisciplinary Teamwork

de Moira Doyle -
Número de respuestas: 9

En la creacion de nuestra materia trabajamos trabajo un equipo interdisciplinario. Les contamos como estuvo conformado en un prezi y los invitamos a contarnos su opinion y experiencia en trabajar con un exquipo interdisciplinario en educacion a distancia. Algunas preguntas

Creen que es necesario el trabajo interdisciplinario para la creacion de una materia a distancia?

Como fue la experiencia de ustedes? Trabajaro de manera similar?

To create our distance learning course we worked in an interdisciplinary team. We tell you about it in our prezi presentation and invite you to give us your opinion and experience in interdisciplinary team work in distance learning. Some posibles questions

Do you believe an interdisciplinary work is necessary for the creation of a distance learning course?

Which has been your experience? Did you work with a similar team?

En respuesta a Moira Doyle

Re: Trabajo Interdisciplinario/Interdisciplinary Teamwork

de Izolda Marcinonienė -

Good afternoon,

no doubt that nobody could be very good professional in all disciplines. It means that we should keep good relationship between scientists and users (let's say forecasters), between colleagues who are more involved in satellite data and who are experienced in radar meteorology,  between presenter and person who knows pedagogy and finally, designer who could make your presentation more atractive. If we teach, we also learn (sometimes even from own mistakes), if we share, we get something as well. Eventually,it makes you feel better.

Briefly,

Izolda

En respuesta a Izolda Marcinonienė

de Larissa Timofeyeva -

Hi Izolda

I do agree with your words!

Here is a link, Have a look!

https://www.grad.washington.edu/mentoring/memos/pursuing-interdisciplinary-scientific-research.pdf

I am afraid, the most challenging thing is creating a Team (without Clouds' help), It is nearly the same as to complete a Spaceship crew )

In fact, nowadays we are surrounded with a lot of interdisciplinary  subjects in Hydrometeorology 

- integrated management of water resourses

- statistics for hydrometeorological data analisys

- weather and health

- agrometeorology

-economics of nature use ....

At RSHU with my colleagues we are working on a new course - Transboundary waters and we still dream of Satellite data in hydrology. 

I think, a professional interdisciplinary team is a necessary condition for a Project to be a great success (remember COMET Modules). 

In Vernadsky theory on Biosphere there is a term - Layer of life,

where  species  benefit from unique conditions   at the border of different spheres ....

Man can benefit as well )

Larissa

de Izolda Marcinonienė -

May be this message shows another point of interdisciplinary learing...how about cooperation between collegues from different countries?As we do now? They are qualified in different fields and you could ask their help. At least no one refused me!

A few sententences from my experience at EUMETRAIN online training weeks. I prefer to make common presentations. Everybody knows that atmosphere does not have boundaries-so if we analyse severe storm developing over Lithuania, we need to know initial conditions which are better seen from neighbouring countries. In this case I ask help foreign colleagues and could create the full view of the event. Yes, it takes time!  Finally, we could prepare the presentation together with colleagues from different countries. Results justify expectation:) Fragment of ppt is attached.

de Vesa Nietosvaara -

Izolda example of sharing and presenting a case study was one of the finest collaborative presentations I remember - one case that went through several countries, and an expert foreecaster from each country was giving more insight into what actually happened. But it surely must have been a lot of work to create.

de Larisa Nikitina -

And I am completely sure that if you want to do something creative, qualitative and really innovative, never mind what it will be – distant learning or face-to-face course, scientific project or simply new painting, the interdisciplinary is the must be.

One simple example is a painting of Phil The forecaster Chadwick J I really enjoy his meteorological paintings! I put my favorites here.

Hope he will forgive me putting them but more you can see at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/1-phil-chadwick.html

Lara

En respuesta a Larisa Nikitina

de Elizabeth Castañeda -

Beautiful paintings! I do not know any painter devoted to weather forecast, but I konw a writer. I think I should invited to work with us!.

de Larisa Nikitina -

Another the greatist interdisciplinary and international teamwork I have ever seen, was the Olympic forecasters work during Olympics together with the group of the scientists from so many countries!

The project FROST 2014 (Forecast and Research over the Olympic Sochi Testbed) was organized by WMO to develop, enhance and demonstrate capabilities of modern systems of short-range numerical weather prediction (NWP) and nowcasting in winter conditions for mountainous terrain and to assess the effect of practical use of this information by the team of Olympic forecasters.

More info on  http://frost2014.meteoinfo.ru/doc

There were scientists from Russia (COSMO-RU), Canada (GEM), Finland (HIRLAM, GLAMEPS, FMI), Korea (KMA), USA (NOAA, NNMB), Austria (INCA, ZAMG), Italy (LEPS, ARPA-SIMC) and other.
And I can say the deep gratitude to all the participants! Our success as Olympic forecasters is on 50% their success!

Strongly to say, there were not only forecasters and scientists but also IT-personals, technicians, meteo volunteers (students from RSHU) and other professionals in our Olympic meteorological team. And it is  really one of the best interdisciplinary and international teamwork in my practice!

Lara

En respuesta a Larisa Nikitina

de Moira Doyle -

Great, I see you are all pro-interdisciplinary work. I really enjoy working with people from other sciences and learn a lot.

What a wonderful idea Izolda to study that storm in collaboration with forecasters from other countries and have a better understanding of what happended.

Thank you all who are carrying foward this CALMET experience, and all of you who are sharing your experiences, its a great teamwork!

Moira