Closing of CALMet Online 2014

Closing of CALMet Online 2014

by Roro Yuliana Purwanti -
Number of replies: 5

Dear CALMeters,

The time has come to close the CALMet Online 2014. We co-chairs wish to thank you all the wonderful facilitators for hosting all seven sessions, last but not least Bodo and Roger for them hosting the final session on Successful Online Learning. It was very nice to see all the facilitators taking turns and stepping in for their presentations and activities.

We really hope that this event has been enjoyable for you to participate. Unlike in an on-site conference with a busy minute-by-minute schedule, we wanted to offer you a way to digest the information and interact with other participants and facilitators in a more thoughtful pace, at your own preferred speed. We hope we have manged in this.

As we are now coming to a closing of the event, we need to notify about few remaining important items:

1.  Evaluation and feedback. Please fill in the evaluation form  and give us feedback about this event, your experiences and suggestions for improvement. We need this feedback very much from everyone for planning the future events.

2.  Certificate... will be yours after filling in the evaluation form! You will find the link to the certificate below the Evaluation form link on the CALMet Online page.

3.  A special bonus: by filling in the evaluation you will be part of a draw and will have a chance to win a prize. The draw will be on 16 December at 12 UTC, and the names of the three winners will be announced at CALMet Online site soon after. Your personal lucky number will be published one day before, on 15 December. Keep an eye to the web site, the prize may be yours!

4.  CALMet Online 2014 web site will remain open for enrolment and browsing the content. We recommend subscribing to CALMet Commons for following up the new discussions and ideas.

This is Roro and Vesa thanking everybody for the attention and looking forward to meeting you again. We declare CALMet Online 2014 closed.

CALMet Online Co chair

In reply to Roro Yuliana Purwanti

Re: Closing of CALMet Online 2014

by Ivan Smiljanic -

Hi there you hardworking people!

I want to thank you for giving us a chance to present during this event. It is always nice to share your work and efforts with others, and if your experience can also help others in their work than it's an extra wining on both sides!

I know that facilitators spent a lot of time and energy to prepare and handle each session. Sometimes it is not that straightforward to run even an easiest task but I'm sure that by the end of the day even the facilitators could benefit.. I did at least! Even when you present you still learn a lot, at so many levels... So, as said, thanks for the opportunity.

Thumbs up for Roro and Vesa, hope we did not squeeze you too much!? J

Biggest thanks to all the Calmeters that did follow this event, you are the success of it! Cheers to All.

Ivan

In reply to Ivan Smiljanic

by Izolda Marcinonienė -

Hello!

Ivan, we were not only hard working or learning. We've spent nice time (at least me) in discussions with my colleagues how the course online should be prepared, how forums were active and fantastic material put on videos or ppt and saved for free for  trainings at our Service:)

Many thanks!

Izolda

by Larisa Nikitina -

Hello, dear facilitators, presenters and participants!

I am very happy to have the opportunity to join all of you at this GREAT EVENT!

Thanks you all so much for so many so interesting and so useful information!!

Sorry for been silent for a while, just now in Roshydromet we hold the seminar on NWP and nowcasting for aviation forecasters all over Russia, and it takes all my time. But I will do all activities of Bodo and Roger`s  session for sure but a little bit later.

I am so proud to be the part of this GREAT TEAM! Thank you all!

Lara

by Ladislav Coso -

I was for the first time attending CALMet Online.

Due to refreshing seminars for forecasters and observers (for which I' am the organizer, and one of the lecturers) we had in our company for three weeks through November I was prevented from active participation in most courses.

I was reading posts on forum, and in two courses I was actively involved. I'm quite impressed with this course and I hope I'll participate more in the future courses.

Also some colleagues impressed me with their knowledge and efforts.

Many thanks!

In reply to Ladislav Coso

by Larissa Timofeyeva -

Hello!

Yes, it was a great time, challenging but exciting!

If only I knew meteorology better )

Thanks a lot to everyone for collaborating,

and special thanks to CALMet Online 2014 Team!

It is nice to have access to the Course website.

Hope to meet some of you at CALMet Commons )

Cheers to All

Larissa