Saba Guidance for Live Sessions on Monday 23 May

Saba Guidance for Live Sessions on Monday 23 May

от Vesa Nietosvaara -
Количество ответов: 2

Hello, al!

We will use Saba Centra, the conferencing system,for the session on Monday 23 May at 14 UTC.

Regarding the material for the session, all you will need is a computer with speakers or a headset. Using a headset usually gives you a better experience as the audio is usually clearer and you will not cause echo if you turn your microphone on while other people speak.

Having a microphone is not strictly necessary, as questions and comments can also be made using the text chat. In fact, we plan for attendees to use the chat a lot more than the microphone in this session.

Now to the boring stuff: system requirements! Once you register for the session you will receive an email confirmation, which contains three important links:

• Link to attend the session
  • Link to run the System check
  • Link to Saba Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I highly recommend you to run the System check well in advance of the session. This is especially important if it is the first time you are using Saba.

Regarding the best Browsers to use when attending Saba sessions, experience tells us that Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer perform better.

Some final words about initialising Saba: When you click the link to attend the session, you will have the choice to “Launch on Desktop” or “Attend on Browser”.

• If you are a Windows user, I would recommend “Attend on Browser”, as there is no need to install anything (and if you are on Windows 10, you can only use “Attend on Browser”).
  • If you are a Mac user, then I would recommend “Launch on Desktop”, as this will give you a better experience when viewing animations and movies. The downside of the “Launch on Desktop” is that you will need to install the client (it does not take long).

OK, enough of the boring stuff. If you get into trouble to access the virtual room on Monday, please check the FAQ first, as there is good troubleshooting advice there. Access to the virtual room will be open about 30 minutes before we start. You are welcome to log in early.

Looking forward to meeting you online on Monday.

Lu and Vesa

В ответ на Vesa Nietosvaara

Re: Saba Guidance for Live Sessions on Monday 23 May

от Amos Asalu -

There is sometimes a challenge of intermitent power failures or otherwise. How can one catch up in such occurences? I also sometimes have a challenge of using saba be prepared to help!

Amos

В ответ на Amos Asalu

Re: Saba Guidance for Live Sessions on Monday 23 May

от Vesa Nietosvaara -

Thanks for sharing your concerns, Amos. For power failures we can do nothing , but the recording will be prepared, so you will be able to download it later. 

For being sure your system is ok fur attending, you should do the steps ( System Check) very well in advance. unfortunately our chances to offer last minute technical help are limited.