Thanks for all of you!

Thanks for all of you!

от Satu Vesanen -
Количество ответов: 0

Thank you for all of you taking part FMI´s CALMet Online session about virtual teams. It was interesting and nice to share our experiences. I think we got several useful points and new ideas on how to make virtual teamwork efficient and motivating for teams. Once again, thank you so much for your activity and participation!

I try to summarize atleast a little bit the discussion we have had at the discussion forum.

All of us agreed, that face- to-face meetings are important for teams. It would be nice to have a chance to meet always face-to-face atleast in the beginning, when the team is starting their work together. Face- to-face meetings may have an important role when engaging team members to work towards a shared goal. Human intercation is always based on several things (gestures, voice, context, feelings...etc.etc.) so it can be easier to get to know the team members if you have had a possibility to meet them in the beginning at face- to-face.

To make virtual teamwork successful, even more essential is to plan the teamwork carefully. To make virtualteams work well, it´s crucial to pay attention to:
- project management
- target setting (what are the goals for the teamwork?)
- engagement of the team members.
- resources to attend the virtual teamwork (do the team members have enough time to work in a team, do they have proper equipments, do they have the support of their supervisor etc.)
- pedagogical aspects (the duration of the virtual session, methods used during the session, the agenda of the session)
- what else?

It was a nice possibility to build an online session together with Vesa and Anni. Thank you for the good team, it´s always great to work with you :)

I learned a lot and I got many new aspects to virtuality when reading all the messages and comments you all have shared with us.

We are enjoying the very beautiful autumn in Finland at the moment. Trees are richly coloured and it´s very relaxing to take a walk in the forest. I wish you all a nice autumn time.

I´m looking forward to meet you soon virtually or face- to-face!

- Satu