3. Technology works – why don’t we use it?

3. Technology works – why don’t we use it?

بواسطة - Maja Kuna
عدد الردود: 11

We have been discussing the topic of using web-conferencing or virtual classroom solutions without actually using it.

Would you like us to plan a synchronous session now?

If you think Yes, answer to the following up Yes reply by Vesa and add at least one sentence arguing why yes. If you think No, answer to the  following up No reply by Maja and as well comment on your choice!

رداً على Maja Kuna

NO

بواسطة - Maja Kuna
رداً على Maja Kuna

Re: NO

بواسطة - Patrick Parrish

I am more interested in the lengthy comments by the participants at the moment, and if we go to a synchronous session, I'm not sure we'll be able to hear from everyone. Everyone will expect Vesa and Maja to say everything important. 

رداً على Patrick Parrish

بواسطة - Maja Kuna

I wish we had the "EVERYTHING IMPORTANT" box in our hands and be able to hand it over in a synchronous session. But we are still negotiating with you what should be inside of that box. :)

رداً على Maja Kuna

بواسطة - Bruce Muller

I wouldn't suggest replacing the current forum-based discussions with synchronous sessions. The objective of this CALMet Online session is to compile a best practice guide for conducting synchronous sessions. I don't think synchronous sessions are the best venue to meet that objective.  Given the dispersed audience (time zone wise), and the need to collect participant input, the current asynchronous format is much better matched to that objective.

A synchronous meeting towards the end to recap or review what has been compiled might be a good addition to the overall experience but could not substitute for the ongoing, thoughtful input provided by asynchronous forums.

رداً على Maja Kuna

بواسطة - Roro Yuliana Purwanti

I join Chris for his reason related to the time constrain.. I am now in an official mission in the area of -5 UTC , still have a problem with a jetlag and meshed up the current time here with my time at home country which is  +7 UTC..  

Besides, also join Monica, the language problem makes me prepare the extra effort in synchronous session.. the asyncronous one will be something good to enjoy, late in the evening, after the hectic day is over and slowly absorb the point of the topic.. 

So, Maja, I join you for the option NO... :-)

رداً على Roro Yuliana Purwanti

بواسطة - Vesa Nietosvaara

Anyone answering YES ? I guess I will feel kinda lonely in my synchronous session  !

Hay nadie que contestará Sí? Me parece que voy a sentirme un poco solo en nuestra sesión síncrona!

رداً على Vesa Nietosvaara

بواسطة - Heleen ter Pelkwijk

Sorry Vesa...

Think in this case I will say NO. I don’t think we will get more people involved in this session by making it a synchronous session.

But for my feeling I do think that synchronous sessions can have advantages over a forum when time and different languages are no problem.

رداً على Maja Kuna

YES

بواسطة - Vesa Nietosvaara
رداً على Vesa Nietosvaara

Re: YES

بواسطة - Ivan Smiljanic

As I see I will be alone with Vesa here, that's not so nice to see, and to be honest I wasn't expecting this kind of outcome.. I see all the advantages you are mentioning about asynchronous interaction, but still I'm always more for direct contact (verbal) then texting and posting.

- Go Vesa!;)