3. Technology works – why don’t we use it?

3. Technology works – why don’t we use it?

от Maja Kuna -
Количество ответов: 11

We have been discussing the topic of using web-conferencing or virtual classroom solutions without actually using it.

Would you like us to plan a synchronous session now?

If you think Yes, answer to the following up Yes reply by Vesa and add at least one sentence arguing why yes. If you think No, answer to the  following up No reply by Maja and as well comment on your choice!

В ответ на Maja Kuna

NO

от Maja Kuna -
В ответ на Maja Kuna

Re: NO

от Patrick Parrish -

I am more interested in the lengthy comments by the participants at the moment, and if we go to a synchronous session, I'm not sure we'll be able to hear from everyone. Everyone will expect Vesa and Maja to say everything important. 

В ответ на Maja Kuna

от Bruce Muller -

I wouldn't suggest replacing the current forum-based discussions with synchronous sessions. The objective of this CALMet Online session is to compile a best practice guide for conducting synchronous sessions. I don't think synchronous sessions are the best venue to meet that objective.  Given the dispersed audience (time zone wise), and the need to collect participant input, the current asynchronous format is much better matched to that objective.

A synchronous meeting towards the end to recap or review what has been compiled might be a good addition to the overall experience but could not substitute for the ongoing, thoughtful input provided by asynchronous forums.

В ответ на Maja Kuna

от Roro Yuliana Purwanti -

I join Chris for his reason related to the time constrain.. I am now in an official mission in the area of -5 UTC , still have a problem with a jetlag and meshed up the current time here with my time at home country which is  +7 UTC..  

Besides, also join Monica, the language problem makes me prepare the extra effort in synchronous session.. the asyncronous one will be something good to enjoy, late in the evening, after the hectic day is over and slowly absorb the point of the topic.. 

So, Maja, I join you for the option NO... :-)

В ответ на Roro Yuliana Purwanti

от Vesa Nietosvaara -

Anyone answering YES ? I guess I will feel kinda lonely in my synchronous session  !

Hay nadie que contestará Sí? Me parece que voy a sentirme un poco solo en nuestra sesión síncrona!

В ответ на Maja Kuna

YES

от Vesa Nietosvaara -