Finding right ingredients for Mark

Finding right ingredients for Mark

by Maja Kuna -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I see that a couple of links to the repositories have been added to my fridge. Thank you for that and also for new answers to the survey. You may check how the statistics have changed here:

https://classroom.eumetsat.int/mod/lti/view.php?id=4742

Now we should start a 'serious' cooking! One of our main chefs needs your help in finding right ingredients. Play the video, listen to what Mark is looking for and share your ideas, suggestions, links and resources in this forum or just stick them to Maja's fridge.

Thank you,

Maja & Mark

In reply to Maja Kuna

Re: Finding right ingredients for Mark

by Mark Higgins -

Have fun with this and I hope you find it useful!

One important but subtle part of my question is that I need resources that work on how to use BOTH NWP and observations together (not just how to use NWP, or how to use satellite data)

(it's just started snowing here in Darmstadt)

Warm wishes

Mark

In reply to Mark Higgins

Re: Finding right ingredients for Mark

by Ivan Smiljanic -

Hi,

I see Mark that you have used ePort platform in your short video - I think this is really great point to start thinking about mixture of NWP and satellite data. I would really like to see if something similar exist somewhere else (maybe with some other NWP and satellite products)?

An example of combined NWP and satellite derived data (in terms of products ) would be for instance satellite-based GII indices (you can also find these on ePort). These are direct mixture of two types of data and without one of these you don't get your GII product. They have good spatial and temporal resolution thanks to satellite data, but they basically exist because of existing NWP data. You can read more about here.

Thank you both for initiative, looking forward to posts.

Ivan

ps. we are still expecting it in Zagreb with thrill (white weekend!)