Last challenge

Last challenge

por Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov -
Número de respostas: 5

Greetings everyone!

The last and most difficult challenge is ready.  Follow this link:

https://classroom.eumetsat.int/mod/quiz/view.php?id=8564

and answer the two questions about interpreting probabilistic guidance.  By answering them, you will experience a little bit more of the game that we will show during the live session tomorrow.

Don’t forget to register for the session by going to this address:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5941622673468830979

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Brad and Tsvet

Em resposta à Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov

Re:Got badge 'The old fashined forecaster" Last challenge

por Larisa Nikitina -

Could i share my impression after last challenge (without going in details, of course)?

Maybe i was not much attentive at the beginning of quiz and i cant now (after finishing quiz) return to the description of it, but was it mentioned the way (format) of the answer?

As i wrote before i am not confident in probabilistic forecasting (in aviation it is not allowed much), so i thought i can answer in free way (but at least the logic must be there). I was wrong - my summary 0% (but actually my answers were correct) ;(

and no second attempt as in other games ;)

Got badge 'The old fashioned forecaster"

Lara

Em resposta à Larisa Nikitina

por Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov -

I am glad you pointed out the scoring issue.  I wanted to give automatic feedback to those who tried the last challenge.  To do that Moodle requires a sample correct answer and then matches the responses to it.  So even though you have entered a correct answer, if Moodle does not match it to the model answer, it will give you 0%.  

I felt it was important to give everyone who tried to answer the challenge immediate feedback.

Thanks for the great badge!

Tsvet

Em resposta à Tsvetomir Ross-Lazarov

por Larisa Nikitina -

Seems to me i was the only Last challenge player?

I guess the sample correct answer for Moodle must be very explicit cause the miss or change of any letter can cause the wrong score. So it is better to use something really very simple like yes-no or 10% etc. So the question has to be the same very accurate to achieve the answer correct and monosemantic.

in such cases maybe better to use the free writing answer and manual assessment of it by trainer? but it is not good for game that must use the real time feedback.

Anyway, your quiz was a very simple sample of Simulator :0) and I like that it can be done in such easy way :0)

thanks for idea!

Em resposta à Larisa Nikitina

por Tamara Gnjidic Vuksa -

Hi Larisa,

You were not the only one who took the last challenge. I also gave a simple answer stating my opinion whether I expect significant amount of precipitation and was surprised it was not the expected form of answer. Also, I missed some information given in online session later.

I think detailed rules are vital for safe i.e. confortable playing/gaming.

Larisa, congratulations for winning this challenge!

Brad and Tsvet thank you for interesting ideas!

Cheers,

Tamara